Adelaide lays claim to being the Rose Capital of Australia
- About 60% of the cut roses sold in the country are cultivated here
- A rose festival is held biennially
- There are numerous public rose gardens within the City and the metropolitan area and many private gardens feature roses
- The Adelaide International Rose Garden located in the Botanic Gardens has extensive plantings
- The National Rose Trial Garden of Australia, also in the Botanic Gardens, trials roses not yet commercially released to determine their suitability to our climatic conditions.
To find out more about ABC Wednesdays and see other participants' contributions go to the ABC Wednesdays' Anthology or to see direct links to their own sites go here.