Monday, February 23, 2009

Hide and seek

Last week I bought a new camera; so today I spent a couple of hours at the Zoo trying it out. These two playful fellows were quite entertaining.

Over the past year for this blog, I have been using a Panasonic Lumix FZ-50 (10Mp, 12x optical zoom) and I have been very happy with it. I used to have a film SLR, and have missed some of its capabilities. I have now bit the bullet and bought a DSLR - a Nikon D90 with two zoom lenses. So far I am impressed, but I have a lot to learn to get the best from it.

I have been rather busy lately and not posted as regularly as in the past; hopefully my new toy will renew my enthusiasm and commitment.

5 comments:

Vanessa Bates said...

Great shot! I am actually going to the zoo this weekend myself. I just got a new Sony A700 to try out. I can't wait!

OOAK babies by Mina said...

Gordon I am so jealous! My dream camera is a Nikon d60. Hopefully this year...love the pics BTW.

Jane Hards Photography said...

New camera so many opportunites. Knout shot on the cuteness scale and clarity.

alicesg said...

When I was holiday in a farmhouse in Brisbane, my sons were so young back then and they were so excited over little kangaroos just outside out resort room. We can see them so close to us.

Donna said...

Your photos are Always wonderful!! I Love this one!hughugs