Sunday, March 16, 2008

Community band concert

Click on the images to enlarge
Today I played in a concert at Woodville Town Hall. As the temperature soared to 40c, we played to an appreciative audience who ignored the heat and came to hear us; such dedication!

I play saxophone in the Henley & Grange Concert Band. Today we did a combined concert with the Woodville Concert Band. Each band performed a bracket of about 5 numbers and then we played 5 pieces together.

It was rather uncomfortable in the hall that is not airconditioned, but in true community spirit both bands had a good roll up. When we set the date no one even thought about the chance of it being so hot!

I thank Steve P for taking photos for me in rather difficult conditions - the light level was low.

5 comments:

Donna said...

How Wonderful! My Grandaughter plays the saxaphone as well! Great instrument...love the sound. Too bad you didn't get someone to record the sound..would have Loved to listen!lol...Have a wonderful day friend..hugs

rc said...

what kind of music you guys played?? just classical or something contemporary?

alice said...

I think I see you playing saxophone on the first photo. Bravo! It must be great to play in a band.

Gordon said...

Rafa - we play a wide range of music; classical and contemporary; music from films and musicals, jazz charts and music from other cultures.

Alice - Yes that is me. I do enjoy being in the band. Not only do we play some great music, we are like a family. I have been in the band for 10 years, so you really get to know people well over time.

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

AAAHHH!!! How did I miss this post???
I must not forget to post it on my blog, the blue shirts are awsome!!!