Sunday, October 5, 2008

What's the time?

The annual clock setting task; each rear in October we wind our clocks forward one hour for daylight saving. This year for the first time South Australia has joined the eastern states by doing this on the first Sunday in October. Western Australia doesn't change until the end of the month.

During daylight saving Adelaide is GMT +10.5 hours. The eastern states are GMT +11, while Western Australia is GMT + 9 hours; at present it is still GMT +8 hours; 3 hours behind the eastern states.

Do I need to know all this? Not very often as I rarely need to contact people in the other states during business hours.

Did my computers know? Yes both my Windows XP computer and my Mac did the trick; thanks Microsoft and Apple. Oh I nearly forgot; Ubuntu Linux did the honours too.

No comments: