Wednesday, December 10, 2008

ABC Wednesdays - U for Underdale

The University of South Australia had a campus at Underdale, but in 2000 it decided to consolidate and upgrade its other campuses. In 2005 saw the demolition of the site and relocation to other facilities.

The library, where my wife worked is shown here. She was relocated to the Mawson Lakes Campus.

A new housing estate, Promenade on the River Torrens, is being built on the Underdale site.


To find out more about ABC Wednesdays and see other participants' contributions go to the ABC Wednesdays' Anthology or to see direct links to their own sites go here using Mr Linky.

6 comments:

earthlingorgeous said...

Upgrade is always good... means you are moving forward right :)

Earth

naturglede/Randi Lind said...

That was a greate choise for the U. Have a nice day:)

Reader Wil said...

I hope your wife is happy with the new location. The sight of so much debris makes me more or less sad. But the new building on the other hand looks very beautiful and promising!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Very personal u. Not sure that all progress is moving forward.

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

I like demolitions when prettier and nicer things are built in place!!!!!
Excellent choice for U!!!!!


Regarding your comment: Thank you, Gordon and, as an Australian from «Down Under» as «u» are(I love this expression), you have probably heard in your local news and in a book written that it was the Portuguese who «Found» Australia!!!

(the aborigene who lived there when we, the Crazy Portuguese Sailors, arrived may not like the idea, I guess... LOOOOOOOLLLLLL)


HAVE A GREAT WEEK, MATE!!!

Anonymous said...

I have visited your beautiful and stylish website..And I can suggest,

Lets exchange the links between our websites.. I couldn't find contact page, that's why I'm writing here:

My preferred link:
Yachts Reviews Boats Tests



Please put mine, and tell me your link(complete linking info), my e-mail is mceselko@gmail.com, I'll put it immediately...

Delete this comment afterwards...

Best Regards
John Combson