Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Guinness World Record Attempt

Last Saturday afternoon on the opening night of the Adelaide Guitar Festival, there was a world record attempt for the biggest guitar band. Unfortunately the number of registrations fell just short of the required number to break the record. Organisers were hoping for 2000 participants.

The song chosen for the playout was the ACDC hit 'It's a Long Way to the Top'. I had considered taking my guitar along, but thought I might have been embarrased. Having seen the event and now realise that the band on stage would drown out any of my shortcomings, I might have a go next year if they try for the record again.

1 comment:

gogouci said...

It's a shame they fell short of the record. A neighbor town broke the World Record for largest assembly of kazoos. What a racket that must have made.