Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Commonwealth Law Courts complex

When this building was opened in 2006 its architectural design certainly raised comment from many Adelaidians; me included.

The random coloured panels I have since read have symbolic meaning:

"The eucalyptus green colour on the façade was chosen to pay homage to Colonel Light's garden city plan, as well as the native eucalypt and dry grass vegetation that is common on the Adelaide Plains. The sienna and ochre colours on the façade were chosen to represent the colours of the Adelaide Plains and the arid hinterland."

I found this description on a web page that also has links to Google's street view. Click here to read and see more.

2 comments:

Donna said...

It has a 50's look! Cool shot!hughugs

Rinkly Rimes said...

I've visited Adelaide but reading your blog I realise I missed a lot!