Sunday, February 17, 2008

Twilight lawn bowls

For the last couple of Wednesdays I have been a fill in in my son's team at a local lawn bowls club. Traditionally lawn bowls has been played during the day and the players adorn white clothes. In recent years a more relaxed evening competition has become popular at many suburban Adelaide bowling clubs; it attracts people of all ages and is open to men and women.

I went to a bowls club "come and try" open evening about 30 years ago, but did not take it up as I considered bowls as a game for the oldies. Maybe now the time is right for me to begin!|

2 comments:

Donna said...

LOL...I think your "bones" will tell you when it's time! That really does look like a lot of fun!! Enjoy!

krelsmore said...

lawn bowl is a slow type of sport but its exciting when it comes in the last part.


Trugreenhttp://www.truegreenstudios.com/