Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ABC Wednesdays - H for Haigh's

Haigh's Chocolates is a local company that was established in 1915; its original retail store being in this prime location - the corner of King William Street and Rundle Mall. The company, Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate retailer, now has 12 stores in South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales.

Take you pick! Haigh's offer a range of fine chocolates; beautifully packaged and presented with a taste to match. Mmm - sorry I can't share with you now; I just ate the last one from a box I was given as a present.

The ABC Wednesday meme was created by Denise Nesbitt. To find out more about ABC Wednesdays and see other participants' contributions click here.

12 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Hmmmm does look yummy! Thanks for the great photo!

Tumblewords: said...

Ah, chocolate. Wonderful - the shop looks like a place one could spend at least a day, maybe a week!

Jim said...

Yum. I love Haigh's Chocolates. I used to plead with my family and friends to bring me some back, every time they went Adelaide. Luckily, we have a shop in Sydney now. :)

photowannabe said...

Ummm, yummmm there's nothing like a really good piece of chocolate. Great post for the letter H.

alicesg said...

Yummy. Hahaha each time I visited Australia, I will buy chocolates by the boxes...lol. Siblings and friends will ask me to get some for them too.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I love chocolate, esp those with your Aussie macademia nuts.

Mara said...

Mmmmm, chocolate! Good choice

Rune Eide said...

That looks almost too good to be true - a pity I'm so far away.

Dragonstar said...

Don't go away, I'm starting walking! By the time I get there I'll be thin enough to enjoy those chocolates with a clear conscience! ;)

Neva said...

I can take or leave chocolate but this is certainly tempting!!

Jay said...

Ooooh! I'm coming over!!! That looks like a great shop!

Donna said...

Hahahaaa....You're Such a tease!! Eating ALL the Chocolate!! Happy weekend sweetie!hughugs